You might think that being this is Wednesday, I may have once more forgotten my Tuesday Task Tally. I swear, I did not. I was actually in Boston enjoying the sights with my family yesterday, and was having too much fun to break free to post on the blog. But, I am here now.
To begin, I will do as I am supposed to, and give a run down of my writerly tasks this week. The neat part, is I really only had one big task this past week. My cover reveal (on 2/20) — which went swimmingly well.
On that note, I would like to extend some special thanks to the following bloggers for helping me get the word out about my novel. You should definitely check out and follow these blogs if you don’t already.
I am still “working” on a short story I started for the J. Taylor Publishing “Make Believe” anthology. Getting closer to the deadline on this one, so I really should get it in gear.
Stop by later for a fun post about my family’s adventures in Boston this week.
First of all, HAPPY VALENTINE”S DAY, EVERYONE!
I have actually had a relatively calm week this time around. I have really rocked through most of my publisher’s requirements at this point and have found I actually have had some time to get other things done, like catching up on critiques for fellow authors, some reading, and a new story.
Here is this week’s task list and progress:
Tasks assigned by my publisher:
1. Finish editing rounds of Call of the Sea – DONE – final copy has been sent on to my editors. I guess this means the novel is done – like really, actually finished. Squee!
2. Write a blog post for the publishers blog. – IN PROGRESS – Ideally I would like to finish one of these each week. So far though, I have only sent one in.
Tasks I assigned myself:
1. Contact Book bloggers and reviewers to try and set up some guest posts, interviews and other promotions for Call of the Sea – IN PROGRESS – I have managed to set up one Author Spotlight and am working on more.
2. Finish up with the coordination of the cover reveal on Feb. 20th. – DONE (basically). I’ve set up all my bloggers and author friends with the image and blog postings have been scheduled and advertised. (weee!)
3. Write, write, write – IN PROGRESS – Need to get the first draft down for Destiny’s Trial (WT) for the J. Taylor “Make Believe” anthology.
4. Catch up on reading and reviews. – IN PROGRESS – The review blog over at Bex Book Nook has been slightly neglected and I am hoping to correct that little issue.
5. Play with Flash and make a Book Trailer for Call of the Sea – STILL CONSIDERING – Not sure if I want to eat up more time doing this one. As much as I love playing with graphics, I think this one may be more of a time eating distraction than I need at the moment.
6. Go see STOMP at the Palace Theater with the bo-hunk and my daughters on Saturday night – WAITING – Okay, this one is absolutely not writing related, but I’m super excited about it all the same.
I think that’s all the big stuff I have going on this week. What about you? What sorts of things are on your task list this week?
As you can see, I have already managed to mess up my goal of tracking my tasks as the weeks go by on the road to the release of my debut novel, CALL OF THE SEA. I just realized while driving into the office this morning it was Friday and I had not posted my Tuesday update.
For those of you who had been anxiously awaiting it and whose lives I have ruined by my lack of planning, I offer heartfelt apologies.
Without further ado, here was Tuesday’s list of tasks.
Tasks Assigned By My Publisher:
1. Finish final edit rounds with editor, Melissa Keir. – Done
2. Touch base with publicist RE: Cover Reveal event on 2/20 – Done
3. Write Acknowledgements Page and Dedication for novel – Done – Submitted for review and finalized.
4. Goodreads – Stop by Group Discussions and Interact – In Progress (not sure this one ever gets checked as done)
Tasks I Assigned to Myself This Week:
1. Catch up on Scribophile crit lists and pay back those who helped me when I was pressing to get CotS polished. – Almost there/slowly catching up
2. Marketing efforts for fellow Inkspell authors – Support publisher run events and marketing efforts. – In Progress and Ongoing
3. Hook up with other authors and bloggers to share in reveal of cover on 2/20. Coordinate postings. – Done
4. Write the middle section of the new short story I’m working on. – Barely started. This is the weekend plan.
5. Post on Task Tally on Tuesday, not Friday (working on it 😛 – maybe next week I will get this one right.)
So that is it from this end. What did you work on this week?