Spooktacular Seductions Blog Tour: An Excerpt from Do You Believe in Ghosts by Anne Higa #Romance #Paranormal #Halloween
Hey, everyone! It’s me again. I said I would try to be a good girl and post more often, and LOOK!! Here I am again. Go me!
Enough about me… Today I have a nice little treat for you all — a lovely teaser excerpt from Roane Publishing’s most recent anthology release, SPOOKTACULAR SEDUCTIONS. The anthology features stories from eight authors, and today I get to share Anne Higa’s story, Do you Believe in Ghosts. But, we’ll get to that in just a minute. We must start at the beginning, yes?
Here are all the juicy tidbits on the anthology…
A Halloween Anthology
Author: Various Authors
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Roane Publishing
Keywords: Paranormal, Romance, Ghosts, Witches, Hags, Cemetary, Short Stories
Blurb: Falling in love can be terrifying.
Eight tales of spooky romance brought to you just in time for Halloween.
- Bewitching Gypsy by Linda Carroll-Bradd
- Garden of Souls by Michelle Ziegler
- If This Be Madness by Echo Shea
- Encantado by Havva Murat
- Do You Believe in Ghosts by Anne Higa
- Ghost of a Chance by Lily Carlyle
- Where Angels Tread by Christy Thomas
- Spooky Hollow Café by Lisa A. Adams
Now, that you know a bit more about the anthology, let’s take a peek into one of the fantastic sounding stories, Do You Believe in Ghosts by Anne Higa.
Do You Believe in Ghosts? – Anne Higa
Blurb: Jeff Austin-LeGrange has been fleeing from the remnants of his dark and haunted childhood his entire life. The past always catches up to us, and his is no exception.
Alice Hopkins, Jeff’s high school sweetheart, has tried to forget him and tried to move on. You never forget your first love.
When Jeff’s mother dies and Alice’s father falls ill, the two are forced to confront their mutual history and their deepest desires. One thing is sure: neither of their lives will ever be the same again. Perhaps, the past can be overcome. Perhaps, it is not too late to believe in miracles. Perhaps, more than one couple will be reunited this Fall.
Who can say? With a little magic, anything is possible.
The Whitecourt Diner had a row of tables against the windows overlooking the park across the street. He scanned the string of seats, searching for the perfect evening view, and suddenly there she was, seated alone at one of the tables. She sipped a mug of coffee, maybe tea, her eyes focused out the window.
A glimmer of pleasure tingled across the back of his neck.
Alice looked at him and a warm smile lit her face.
The years had been kind to her. She still had the same dark hair, like the ocean at night, and her firm body sat upright in the chair. He could still remember the sweetness of having her in his arms. They had been one another’s first time, and he had never forgotten her, never really gotten over her.
* * * *
At first, Alice thought she might dreaming. Everyone knew Jeff had left town, and she knew better than most. He still looked good, was still the man she had once loved. There were a few more lines around his mouth, and he wore business casual as opposed to t-shirt and jeans she was used to, but otherwise it was definitely him. The starched white shirt and dark blue slacks gave him a neat and professional appearance.
He had gone to Columbia University, while she went to Penn State. After that, they had slowly drifted apart. She graduated with her Art History degree, and he earned his CPA. That was the last she heard of him.
His eyes met hers with a flicker of recognition, and she smiled uncertainly as he walked over to her. “Jeff? I didn’t know you were back in town.”
For a brief awkward moment they gaped at each other, and Alice wasn’t sure if they should shake hands, or just nod politely.
The anthology is available NOW, so swing by any of the below retailers to pick up your copy. Paperback and eBook versions are both available.
Print or Digital Edition
Author Bio: Anne has been writing fantasy fiction since she was ten years old.
Currently, she lives in Harrisburg, PA where she works from home as a ghostwriter and occasional haunter of neighbor’s houses. She has three cats, and a lot of dreams.
Amazon Author Profile: http://www.amazon.com/Anne-Higa/e/B00MD5HEZY
1) HAVE FUN!!!
2) INVITE ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!
3) THIS TOUR STARTS: Monday, October 17, at Midnight (Arizona Time) THIS TOUR ENDS: Monday, October 24, at Midnight (Arizona Time) Winners will be drawn and posted October 25th!
4) MEET AND MINGLE WITH ALL THE AUTHORS & BOOK PAGES! EXPERIENCE A NEW DESTINATION AT EVERY STOP! PARTICIPATE IN EVERY BLOG CONTEST AND BE ENTERED FOR CHANCES TO WIN MULTIPLE PRIZES! EVERY BLOG VISITED IS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO WIN!!
5) PARTICIPATION AT ALL BLOGS IS RECOMMENDED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. REMEMBER, THE MORE BLOGS YOU HOP, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING PRIZES. EVERY AUTHOR & BOOK PAGE IS WAITING TO MEET AND INTERACT WITH YOU, SO PLEASE BE SURE TO SHOW THEM SOME LOVE!
6) DID I MENTION TO HAVE FUN? WHOO! HOO!! HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!
***Authors & Book Pages have full discretion to choose an alternate winner in the event any winner fails to claim their prize(s) within 72 hours of their name being posted or after notification of win, whichever comes first. Anyone who participates in this blog hop tour is subject to these rules***
ENTER TO WIN:
Free electronic copy of Cutlass and Musket: Tales of Piratical Skullduggery
What do I need to do?
1. Like me on Facebook
2. Follow this blog
3. Follow me on Twitter @rebelhart69
4. Comment below and tell me what your favorite Halloween costume was growing up!
Be sure to stop by the other great blogs and say hello! Happy Halloween!