Alone No More Blog Tour: Terri Rochenski’s Top Ten Romance Movies Plus a #Giveaway!
Things are really popping on the blog lately, which I love, and today is no exception. Actually, today is special in that one of my close friends and fellow authors, Terri Rochenski has stopped in today to share a bit about her newest release, ALONE NO MORE, as well as sharing her Top Ten Favorite Romance Movies with us.
I am a romantic movie junkie, so I am very curious to see what romances made Ms. Rochenski’s list and how many of them match up with my own. So, here is Terri with her list:
My top ten favorite romance movies of all time in no particular order
- Pride & Prejudice. While I enjoy any of the versions, the 2005 with Keira Knightly and Matthew MacFadyen is by far the best.
- The Notebook. I always think of my grandparents and the love they shared. This one always brings a tear or two.
- Sense & Sensibility, the 1995 version. Love love love.
- Cold Mountain. JUDE LAW on that roof top. Le sigh. Need I say more?
- The New World. Colin Farrell. Mmmmmm Seriously, though, even as a child I was intrigued by Pocahontas and her story. Even got to be her once in a middle school play.
- 17 Again – the only romantic comedy on this list! I always thought Zach Efron was a punk, but he did such a believable job in this film, and Leslie Mann was a riot. They had great chemistry and their quirky expressions just made this a great one for me.
- Legends of the Fall. No, it’s not really a romance movie, but it’s one of those haunting movies that sticks in the brain LONG afterwards. Longing, lost love … ugh. Hurts just thinking about it!
- Last of the Mohicans. Like #7, this movie is heart wrenching. That cliff scene – I cry every. Single. Time.
- Princess Bride. No explanation necessary IMO.
- Far and Away. One of the few times I’ve enjoyed Tom Cruise on the big screen.
Wow… I am shocked to see we only have two in common, but one if the two is my all time favorite, so I was glad to see LAST OF THE MOHICANS on the list. If you are wondering, the other one I would also have on my top 10 romance list is Legends of the Fall (as a matter of fact, Brad Pitt in that movie was the inspiration for my historical romance hero, Daniel O’Rourke).
What are your top 10 romance movies? Feel free to share your picks in the comments section. Love hearing from you. 🙂
Now that I have put you all off long enough and heightened anticipation, here are the details on Terri Rochenski’s release:
Genre: Romance / Historical
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Release Date: December 18, 2013
Dismissed from her job as a scullery maid and cast aside by her lover, pregnant Cara Morland has no choice but to return to her father’s farm. While lies of widowhood keep her from disgrace, Cara is faced with a local landowner’s unwanted attentions. Without the social status to do much more than avoid the vile man, she loses hope of ever finding happiness.
A friendship based on mutual loneliness blossoms between Cara and James Elliot, a young farm hand hired by her father. He offers his protection, and one shared kiss reveals his heart, but propriety and her feigned grieving period hinders what they both desire.
When Cara’s stalker learns the truth of her circumstances, he gives her an ultimatum—submit to his possession or he’ll ruin her second chance at love with James.
Add it to your Goodreads TBR Pile today:
Will be added as soon as possible
I bet you are wondering where the giveaway is, aren’t you? Terri is giving away a FREE ecCopy of ALONE NO MORE to a luck winner.
As promised, here is the link to the Rafflecopter giveaway
Bio: Terri started writing stories in the 8th grade, when a little gnome whispered in her brain. Gundi’s Great Adventure never hit the best seller list, but it started a long love affair with storytelling.
Today she enjoys an escape to Middle Earth during the rare ‘me’ moments her three young children allow. When not playing toys, picking them back up, or kissing boo-boos, she can be found sprawled on the couch with a book or pencil in hand, and toothpicks propping her eyelids open.
Posted on December 23, 2013, in Blog Tours, Blogging, Book Promotion, Fiction, Giveaway, Historical Romance, Romance and tagged Alone No More, Blog Hop, Giveaway, Historical romance, New Release, Tens List, Terri Rochenski, Wild Rose Press. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.