The Booker Award #writing #blogging #authors
Posted by Rebecca Hart
Fellow published author and fellow Pen Sister, Claire Gillian has graceously nominated me for The Booker Award. HOORAY FOR ME!!!
*Insert fanfare and confetti*
This auspicious award targets literary and book-centered blogs, so I guess I technically qualify, even though I have been slow to post of late.
Thank goodness the rules for this one are simple:
1. post my top five books of all time,
2. post the Booker award icon,
3. and nominate other bloggers to do the same.
Alrighty… you asked for it.
My 5 favorite books of all time (before you give me any grief or laugh at my picks, remember… all time includes childhood)
1. Where the Wild Things Are – Maurice Sendak
2. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe – C.S. Lewis
3. James and the Giant Peach – Roald Dahl
4. The Storm and the Splendor – Jennifer Blake
5. Love Betrayed – Patricia Rice
Obviously, the first three are from childhood. Each holds a special place for me and now count among my favorite stories of all time. The last two — each a historical romance — are two stories who shaped the author I am today. When I was in High School I ate romance novels for breakfast and sometimes read 3 or more in a week, and I was still in school and working a PT job at the time. Both authors were favorites and I have read countless books written by each of them. The two above are the ones, if forced, I would select as my favorite story written by each of them.
Now for the funnest part of this little game — Nominating others.
Here are my nominees: